We define digital security as those solutions and services that are based on secure devices and platforms for network applications in the digital world. Our solutions are so secure that only the right people can use them to identify themselves, make transactions or communicate. Our five key markets are: telecommunications, banking and retail sales, corporations, access to networks and Internet content providers, and the public sector.
In the public sector, Gemalto provides secure documents, robust identity solutions and managed services to serve a variety of government agencies.
- Identity Card
- Electronic passport
- Driver's licenses
- Health care management
- Turnkey enrollment solutions including biometrics,
secure document issuance, e-Government, and border control
The aim of Gemalto is to make every interaction between citizens and government agencies safe, easy, and confidential. Our products, services and solutions are deployed in more than 60 government programs around the world. Gemalto is helping in more than 20 e-passport initiatives, 15 national electronic identity programs, and several driver's license programs, as well as contributing in major health projects around the world.
The following products and services are offered:
- Secure devices: portable, secure and customized objects that incorporate different forms of software security (secure platforms). Memory and microprocessor cards ('smart cards' such as wireless SIM cards, payment cards, identity cards, etc.), passports, electronic card readers, USB dongles, all these are examples of secure devices offered by Gemalto
- Software, middleware and server-based solutions
- Personalization services that include data management, file processing, post-issuance and packaging and delivery services
- Managed services
- Turnkey enrollment solutions including biometrics, secure document issuance, e-Government, and border control
- Professional consulting and integration services, project management, training, and support